The first lawsuits by families of victims of last year’s crane crash in Makkah have been filed at a Saudi Arabian court, local media said on Tuesday.
Five legal cases have been filed at the Summary Court in Jeddah, according to Saudi Gazette.
The cases reportedly claim compensation after 110 people died and more than 200 others were injured when a crane involved in the redevelopment of the Grand Mosque in Makkah collapsed in September 2015.
The newspaper said sources explained that the demands for personal rights would be settled after a judge has examined the public rights side of the case. More info